Saturday, February 24, 2018

Paint Your Own Rims Yourself Professionally

While, the idea of painting your own rims has existed a couple of years now, many questions turn up of just how to do it and I thought I would reveal my own experiences with painting my Integra share rims. I've read up many samples of how to do this, but my first time trying was when I thought we would refinish my winter wheels this year. Click this webpage per your request to discover the meaning behind it. If you know anything at all, you will maybe claim to study about high temp powder coat. I was really please with the...

Paint your own Rims? Who would have thought something previously done by experts could possibly be done in your home.

While, the concept of painting your own rims has been around a few years now, many questions pop up of just how to do it and I thought I would reveal my own experiences with painting my Integra investment rims. I've read up many examples of just how to do this, but my first-time seeking was this year when I thought we would refinish my winter rims. I was very please with the end result.

First, what the hell do you really need to paint your rims? Paint obviously :) That is where Duplicolor is available in using their wheel color. They offer your style to be matched by paint colors to arrive white, gunmetal, classic silver and bronze as well. I made a decision to do mine in gunmetal making my lip the investment finished type look. So listed below are your options:

Which means you chose your color, ordered your paint and are semi-ready. First, you'll need to sand down your rims. Why? So the color has some thing to adhere to thus giving a rough surface to the outer lining. Try Walnut Blasting includes more concerning how to study this viewpoint. Guide the content to shine your rims on what sanding of the rims works. The only big difference with this is how far you wish to go. In my own case, being winter rims painted I decided to not go through the means of stripping the paint on the rims fully. I just sanded down the outer lining with 300 resolution sandpaper ensuring to create everything sanded similarly. The rough surface is given by this required for the paint to stick, and as long as your rims had no damage it must be sufficient.

Your wheels are sanded; you have your color and now are ready. First, make sure you clean all sanding dust off the rims and ensure an entirely clean surface so the paint will remain and perhaps not flake off after your first drive out together with your newly painted rims!!! Listed below are my wheels cleaned and ready to completely dry before painting:

My rims are masked off with paper and masking tape. Obviously you wish to accomplish this so you dont turn your tires to the color you are painting. I actually do not want gunmetal painted tires. Also if you look close enough, you will know that the lip has been masked off as well. So I carefully applied the masking tape on the lip to protect it from being painted as well. Also, you know the small thing your air is pumped by you in to, hide that down as well until you want that to have a color change as well :)

The rims are dry, you've masked off what you dont need painted and now you're ready. Set some newspaper on the ground and place the rim on the surface of the newspaper. You may not desire to paint the concrete underneath the rim therefore keep it clean with the paper.

Now use your first coat of paint. Allow paint dry well and following day enjoy your handiwork and benefits.. Browse here at the link the internet to study why to recognize this viewpoint.Pro-Strip 958 W. 1st Ave. Mesa, AZ 85210 (480)-380-0489

No comments:

Post a Comment